Posted on 2013-10-21, updated at 2017-06-24, by soc_arm7.
Convergence Media History
by Janet Staiger and Sabine Hake
English | 2009 | ISBN: 0415996619 | 224 pages | PDF | 1.89 MB
Convergence Media History explores the ways that digital convergence has radically changed the field of media history. Writing media history is no longer a matter of charting the historical development of an individualmedium such as film or television. Instead, now that various media from blockbuster films to everyday computer use intersect regularly via convergence, scholars must find new ways to write media history across multiple media formats.
This collection of eighteen new essays by leading media historians and scholars examines the issues today in writing media history and histories. Each essay addresses a single medium-including film, television, advertising, sound recording, new media, and more-and connects that specific medium's history to larger issues for the field in writing multi-media or convergent histories. Among the volume's topics are new media technologies and their impact on traditional approaches to media history; alternative accounts of film production and exhibition, with a special emphasis on film across multiple media platforms; the changing relationships between audiences, fans, and consumers within media culture; and the globalization of our media culture
- Ebooks list page : 23518
- 2013-10-30Convergence Media History
- 2013-10-19Convergence Media History (repost)
- 2010-01-27Convergence Media History
- 2019-07-01Authors and Apparatus A Media History of Copyright
- 2018-10-06Portable Moving Images: A Media History of Storage Formats
- 2018-09-08The Server A Media History From the Present to the Baroque
- 2018-08-12The Server A Media History From the Present to the Baroque
- 2018-08-10The Server : A Media History From the Present to the Baroque
- 2018-04-19Revolutions in Communication Media History from Gutenberg to the Digital Age 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Sergei M. Eisenstein: Notes for a General History of Cinema (Film Theory in Media History)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Paper Knowledge: Toward a Media History of Documents (Sign, Storage, Transmission)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Always Already New: Media, History, and the Data of Culture
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Media and Public Life: A History (New Directions in Media History)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] American Media History, 2 edition
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Media Convergence Handbook - Vol. 1: Journalism, Broadcasting, and Social Media Aspects of Convergence (Media Business and Innovation)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Always Already New: Media, History, and the Data of Culture
- 2013-03-16American Media History, 2 edition
- 2013-02-13American Media History, 2 edition (repost)
- 2012-01-07American Media History - Anthony Fellow - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.